SECOND TRIBUTE TO IANNIS XENAKIS
15/09/2009 - 11/10/2009
Second tribute to Iannis Xenakis
Project Room and Mezzanine
15/09/2009 – 11/10/2009
Following on from the success of the previous tribute to Iannis Xenakis, the National Museum of Contemporary Art (EMST) in collaboration with the Center for Music Composition & Performance (CMCP) has organized a second sequence of events in tribute to the composer.
The tribute is held in the project room and the mezzanine floor and will last from 15-9-2009 until 11-10-2009.
Project Room and mezzanine
Organization: Foteini Aravani (EMST), Maria Aloupi (CMCP)
Maintenance: Andreas Diktyopoulos, Antonios Antonopoulos
Diatopo – The legend of Eer (video – multichannel audio visual projection). Duration: 45`
Polytope de Clunny (video – multichannel audio visual projection). Duration: 24`
1. Documentary Charisma X, by Efi Xirou. Duration 1.05`
2. Audio visual bibliography of I. Xenakis and audio samples of his music.
3. Theoretical works of the composer, scores and relevant books.
4. Manuscript copies of Xenakis’ notebooks, from the personal archives of Ant. Antonopoulos.
5. Polyagogic UPIC system, recent CEMAMu software publications.
6. Video installation by Efi Xirou, with excerpts from Xenakis’ Oresteia. Duration 10`
7. I. Xenakis is interviewed by the musicologist Harry Halbreich. (Video projection)