ORIZONTAS GEGONOTON SYMPOSIUM AT EMST
13/04 - 14/04/2018
Orizontas Gegonoton Symposium
Aspects of Independent Artistic Creation in Greece today
13 & 14 April 2018
EMST Screening Room
Hours : 11.00 – 19.00
EMST hosts a two-day Symposium titled “Aspects of Independent Artistic Creation in Greece today” organized by Orizontas Gegonoton. The symposium will be held on 13 & 14 April 2018, at the National Museum of Contemporary Art, Athens, with the participation of artists, art education institutes and independent art groups, organisations and institutions, the scientific and teaching staff of Secondary and Higher Education, academics and researchers in the fields of Art, Education, Philosophy, Sociology and the Humanities.
The aim is to develop a meaningful dialogue between all participants that can provide not only the appropriate feedback to the present and future discourse, but also contribute to developments in the areas of Culture, Education and the Arts.
– Aspects of independent artistic expression and gesture.
– Areas of multiple artistic action and their role in the production of culture.
– Independent visual language, its relation to society, and its political-economic dimension.
– Independent Art, curators, collectors, and the Mass Media. The Art market in Greece, past and present.
– Art, education, urban planning and society. Creative learning. Linking culture and education.
The proceedings of the symposium will be published.
Entrance will be free to the public.