Museum Opening Hours :
|TUESDAY – WEDNESDAY – FRIDAY – SATURDAY – SUNDAY||11:00 a.m. – 07.00 p.m.|
|THURSDAY||11:00 a.m. – 10.00 p.m.|
The EMST is closed on MONDAYS and 1st of January, 6th of January, 25th of March, 1st of May, Orthodox Easter Sunday, 15th of August, 28th of October, 25th – 26th of December.
|TEMPORARY EXHIBITION (-1)||€6||€3||€3|
|TEMPORARY EXHIBITION (0)||€6||€3||€3|
PERMANENT COLLECTION + TEMPORARY EXHIBITION (-1)
PERMANENT COLLECTION + TEMPORARY EXHIBITION (0)
PERMANENT COLLECTION + TEMPORARY EXHIBITIONS (0 / -1)
TEMPORARY EXHIBITIONS (0 / -1)
|Limited Access to Shop||FREE|
* Reduced Ticket
1. Young people between 13- 18 years old
2. Students of Universities
3. Group of visitors of 10 or more people
4. Visitors 65 years of age and over
** Group Ticket
Group ticket applies on teams of 10 or more persons.
1. Members of the Greek Parliament
2. Official guests of the Greek State
3. Children 12 years of age and under
4. Visitors with disabilities and the person accompanying them
5. Groups of pupils or groups of students of universities and technological Educational Institutions and the accompanying teachers and professors
6. Greek citizens performing their military service
7. Employees of the Hellenic Ministry of Culture with current working identification card
8. Culture Card holders until expire date
9. Members of:
• International Council of Museums (I.C.O.M.)
• International Council of Monuments and Sites (I.C.O.M.O.S.)
• United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (U.N.E.S.C.O.)
• International Association of Art Critics (A.I.C.A.)
• International Committee of Museums and Collections of Modern Art (C.I.M.A.M.)
11. Members of the Chamber of Fine Arts of Greece (E.E.T.E.)
12. Members of the Society of Greek Art Historians (Ε.Ε.Ι.Τ.)
13. Students and professors of the Higher Education Art Schools
14. Tour Guides with professional license
15. Members of the Greek Federation of Secondary Education State School Teachers (ΟΛΜΕ)
16. Journalists with professional license
17. Greek unemployed citizens, with identification card and current unemployment card
Access to the Museum
National Museum of Contemporary Art, Athens (EMST) is located in Kallirrois Avenue & Amvr. Frantzi Str, former Fix factory. Access for people with reduced mobility is from the entrance on Syngrou Avenue.
Address: Kallirrois Avenue & Amvr. Frantzi Str, former Fix factory Athens, 117 43
Telephone Number: 211 1019000
Information about your visit at the museum: firstname.lastname@example.org
EMST and Visitors with Disabilities
People with Mobility Impairments enter from Syngrou Avenue.
To prepare for your visit, you may download the Social Story for individuals on the autism spectrum and their carers from the link below:
With the EMST App audio guide on your mobile you can hear more about certain artworks from the EMST Collection.
Scan the collection’s artworks with Smartify, read more information and create your own ‘personal’ collection.
Safety measures during your visit in the museum
- Keep a 2 – meter distance from each other and 1 – meter from each artwork.
- Wearing a mask is obligatory.
- Follow the instructions of the EMST staff for the number of people allowed to enter the museum and for guidance regarding your safety.
- Use antiseptic when entering the museum.
- Use the escalators. The elevators should be used only when needed by one person each time.
- Masks, gloves, water bottles and other objects should be thrown away in the trash bins located outside the building.
- The e-ticketing service is not available, it will be shortly.
- 250 people in total can be at the EMST spaces at the same time.
- If there is a line outside the entrance, please keep a 2 – meter distance from each other.
- For safety reasons there is no personal belongings storage service.